Posts for tag: dental implants
Have you ever wondered if cosmetic dentistry could help you? If you've ever had a filling or improved your smile with professional teeth whitening, you've already taken advantage of cosmetic dentistry treatments. Dr. Robert Wick, your family dentist in Hayward, CA, shares information that will help you decide if you can benefit from one or more of these treatments.
What cosmetic dentistry is available in Hayward?
Cosmetic dentistry treatments improve the appearance of your smile and also restore normal function to teeth that have been damaged or weakened. Cosmetic dentistry encompasses a range of services, including:
- Fillings: Fillings are probably the most well-known cosmetic dentistry treatment. They replace tooth structure that has decayed. Tooth-colored composite resin fillings offer a less noticeable option than traditional silver amalgam fillings.
- Porcelain Veneers: Thin porcelain veneers cover chips and many other types of flaws, such as oddly shaped or discolored teeth. These wafer-thin shells are bonded to the fronts of your teeth and offer a simple way to make over your smile.
- Teeth Whitening: When brushing alone isn't enough to keep your smile bright, professional teeth whitening can help. Most people only need one treatment to achieve a three- to eight-shade improvement.
- Composite Bonding: Dentists use bonding to repair small defects in teeth, cover discolorations and completely change the appearance of teeth. Composite resin is used to bond teeth because it can be tinted to match the color of your teeth and becomes very hard when it cures.
- Crowns and Bridges: Crowns correct cosmetic issues and also support and strengthen teeth that have been damaged or are fragile. Unlike veneers, crowns don't just conceal the front surfaces of your teeth, but also cover teeth on all four sides. Crowns are also used to make bridges, which are used to replace missing teeth.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants offer a more permanent solution to missing teeth than bridges because they fuse to your jawbone. Implants are more comfortable than other replacement options and are usually less expensive if you compare lifetime costs.
Could you benefit from a cosmetic dentistry treatment? Call Dr. Wick, your family dentist in Hayward, CA, at (510) 782-1444 to schedule an appointment.