Posts for category: Cosmetic Dentistry
Have you stopped smiling because your teeth are dull and stained? As the most popular cosmetic dentistry service available today, professional teeth whitening offers a simple way to boost your smile and improve your confidence. Available at the Hayward, CA, office of dentist Dr. Robert Wick, read on to learn what this treatment can do for you!
Whitening removes stains at their source
If your smile has become a little duller over the years, it's only natural to feel a little self-conscious. After all, our society values bright, white smiles. Fortunately, teeth whitening removes stains caused by foods, beverages, tobacco, and aging.
Stain-causing pigments seep into microscopic pores in your tooth enamel when you eat, drink, or smoke. As these pigments begin to build up, your teeth look dull and yellow. Teeth whitening treatment targets these pigments, bleaching away the stains. Hydrogen peroxide, a safe and natural chemical, is the active ingredient in the gel used by your cosmetic dentist. This chemical breaks apart and removes the pigments that dull your teeth, improving your smile.
Teeth whitening is convenient and quick
Professional whitening here at our Hayward dental office only takes about an hour to complete and can be accomplished in just one visit. Before your whitening session begins, however, your teeth will be cleaned to remove tartar and plaque. After all, without this crucial step, your teeth would look mottled after whitening.
Following this cleaning, retractors are used to protect your gums, roots, cheeks, and lips, and your dentist applies the whitening gel. While you wait for the gel to work its magic, you can relax, listen to music on your headphones, or catch up with the latest news on your phone. When the gel is removed, you may see a three-to-eight-shade difference in your teeth.
A take-home whitening kit will make it easy to touch up your whitening results occasionally or whiten at home if you prefer. Avoiding coffee, tea, cola, red wine, berries and other foods and beverages that cause stains can help you extend your whitening results.
Interested? Give us a call
Renew your smile with professional teeth whitening! Make a cosmetic dentistry appointment today by calling Dr. Robert Wick's Hayward, CA, office at (510) 782-1444.
How can you prolong the life of a failing tooth and improve its appearance? A dental crown from your family dentist, Dr. Robert Wick, could do both. At his Hayward office, Dr. Wick designs and places crowns crafted from lifelike and long-lasting porcelain, giving his patients complete and beautiful smiles and avoiding extractions.
The marvelous crown
A dental crown, or cap, covers and restores a tooth above the gum line. Supporting worn and weak enamel, remaking shape and size or replacing large fillings, this restoration preserves as much natural tooth structure as possible and facilitates clear speech, efficient biting, and chewing.
Also versatile, a crown restores a dental implant or a tooth treated by root canal therapy. Used in multiples depending on need, crowns support the opposing sides of a fixed bridge.
The treatment is simple
After examining and X-raying your tooth, Dr. Wick will remove the chipped or decayed portions, shaping the enamel to accept the crown. Also, he'll make oral impressions and instruct the dental lab on how to craft your crown. In between appointments, you may wear a temporary cap.
At your next appointment in his Hayward office, your family dentist will take off the temporary crown and cement the new one over your tooth. A few minor adjustments ensure good fit and bite, and you're done.
Advantages of modern dental crowns
1. Most of today's crowns are 100 percent porcelain which is tooth-colored, resilient and long-lasting. Your smile will look--and feel--perfectly natural. Crowned teeth look similar in size and shape to their natural, healthy neighbors.
2. Most porcelain crowns last up to 15 years, says News-Medical.net.
3. Crowns strengthen teeth which otherwise could wear down, chip or even fracture.
4. Your crown fits your smile, and no one else's. In other words, these restorations are fully customized to your needs and preferences.
5. They are easy to care for with daily brushing and flossing and semi-annually hygienic cleanings and exams with Dr. Wick.
6. You get to keep your tooth.
Whenever possible, tooth-sparing restorations, such as crowns, are preferable to tooth extraction and the resulting smile gaps and bone loss in the jaw.
Learn how crowns can help you
Is a tooth troubling you? Come see your family dentist in his Hayward, CA, office. Dr. Wick may be able to restore it with a beautiful porcelain crown. Call us for an appointment: (510) 782-1444.
Are you embarrassed to smile? Veneers can refresh your smile and boost your confidence! Veneers are thin shells that can be placed over your teeth to hide dental flaws and transform your appearance. Veneers are used to treat a number of different cosmetic concerns. Dr. Robert Wick in Hayward, CA offers full-service, state-of-the-art dental care to the patients he serves. Read on to find out how veneers can refresh your smile.
1. Veneers can fix your smile flaws. Veneers are handcrafted and cover the front surface of your teeth. They're often used to treat teeth that are crooked, fractured, worn down, misaligned, and irregularly shaped. Gapped teeth can also be repaired through the use of veneers. These porcelain shells are bonded to the teeth changing their shape, color, length, and size.
2. Veneers can give you a strong smile. Many patients have weakened teeth, and as a result, they have a lot of problems with their smile. When your teeth are weakened, they are more prone to damage and decay. Veneers can make your teeth stronger. They're bonded to the teeth, adding the strength of ceramic to the treated teeth.
3. Veneers can brighten your smile. Teeth staining can have numerous causes including advancing age, foods, drinks, tobacco use, certain medications, genetics, and certain diseases. Porcelain veneers can give you a whiter, brighter smile. Nothing is more beautiful than a white smile.
4. Veneers are natural looking. These days, there's a growing demand for customized, natural-looking veneers created by professionals. Veneers look completely natural and will give you a true smile makeover. Your veneers will have the same look, feel, and luster as your permanent teeth. With veneers, you will enjoy the confidence of having a naturally beautiful smile.
5. You will look better for longer. With veneers, you can enjoy a fresh smile for many years. With proper at-home oral hygiene and regular visits to the dentist, your new veneers could last for many years. Porcelain veneers can last up to 10 to 15 years and longer. It will be up to you to protect your new dental veneers in order to increase their lifespan.
If you want an improved smile, this is your chance. Start your journey today. Call Dr. Robert Wick at 510-782-1444 today to schedule a veneers consultation in Hayward, CA and get the smile you deserve. Porcelain veneers can have a huge impact on the quality of your life.
If you want a whiter, straighter and more attractive smile then you’ve come to the right place.
No matter whether you want to remove stubborn dental stains to brighten your teeth or you want to hide that small chip in your front tooth, there are many ways in which our Hayward, CA, cosmetic dentist, Dr. Robert Wick, can help you achieve a more symmetrical and beautiful smile through the help of cosmetic dentistry.
More about Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry specializes in enhancing and improving the shape, size, color, and overall look of your smile. While the goal of cosmetic dentistry isn’t to restore damaged teeth, in some situations, the cosmetic treatments available from our Hayward practice, such as dental veneers, can reinforce and strengthen teeth. This can be a particular benefit for patients who have worn teeth due to teeth grinding or jaw clenching.
Cosmetic dentistry is also able to,
- Whiten your teeth and remove stains
- Close gaps between teeth
- Straighten your smile
- Cover chips and cracks (as well as internal discolorations)
- Even out “gummy smiles”
If you can think of it, cosmetic dentistry can do it! Besides enhancing your teeth and giving you a makeover, you may also discover that getting cosmetic dentistry will also improve your oral health. This is because you’re more likely to need to change certain everyday habits in order to benefit your smile. This includes everything from eating a healthy diet and avoiding stain-causing foods and drinks to quitting smoking. You may also find that you’ve gotten better about flossing every day because you want to keep your new smile looking its best!
If you are someone who deals with headaches as a result of TMJ disorder this could be the result of a misalignment. If you are an older teen or adult dealing with crookedness, crowding, or gaps between teeth, then Invisalign may be able to improve your headache symptoms and jaw pain by correcting this misalignment problem with the use of transparent aligners rather than metal braces.
Of course, we would be remiss not to mention the huge boost to your self-esteem that cosmetic dentistry can offer. Most people turn to us for cosmetic dentistry because they are unsatisfied with their smiles, which can greatly impact their self-confidence. After all, once you feel more confident in your appearance, you may finally find yourself asking your crush on a date or asking your boss for that promotion!
Are you interested in finding out how cosmetic dentistry can improve your appearance? If so, call Complete Family Dentistry's Wayward office today at (510) 782-1444 to schedule a consultation with us. We would be happy to talk to you about your cosmetic options!
Smile problems? Porcelain veneers can conceal your dental flaws and improve your look. Porcelain veneers are ultra-thin, porcelain shells that fit over the teeth. Dr. Robert Wick is one of the finest dentists in Hayward, CA. He offers state-of-the-art porcelain veneers to his patients. Here are several reasons to consider veneers.
1. You want to whiten your teeth.
Pigments from dark-colored beverages and foods can cause permanent stains on your teeth. Tobacco use and certain medications can also stain teeth. Dental veneers can give you the bright-white smile you've always wanted. Unlike natural teeth, dental veneers resist stains remarkably well.
2. You want to close a tooth gap.
A diastema is a gap between the teeth. This condition affects both children and adults. These spaces can form anywhere in the mouth. Your Hayward dentist can close the gaps between your teeth through the use of porcelain veneers. These porcelain shells fit over the surface of your teeth to create an evenly-spaced smile.
3. You want to fix your broken teeth.
Dental veneers are routinely used to restore teeth that are cracked, chipped, or broken. If you have broken teeth, veneers can cover them and restore their appearance and function. A veneer covers the front of the tooth with a thicker section to replace the broken part of the tooth.
4. You want to fix your crooked teeth.
For some people, having crooked teeth can affect their self-confidence and self-esteem. You may not need braces to fix your crooked teeth. Porcelain veneers are used to restore crooked teeth. Porcelain veneers can straighten your smile, without the discomfort or hassle of braces.
5. You want to look years younger.
It's no secret that our teeth play an important role in defining how old we look. If you want to look younger, getting porcelain veneers is a good place to start. Veneers will give you a celebrity smile and make you look younger instantly. That's why it's such a popular procedure among Hollywood stars.
Ready for a smile makeover? Call our dental office at 510-782-1444 today to schedule a dental consultation in Hayward, CA. Porcelain veneers have helped millions of Americans enhance their smiles, boosting their self-esteem and enhancing their lives. And they will do the same for you!