Find out how family dentists make it easy to get the comprehensive dentistry your family deserves.
You lead busy lives as it is, having to rush the kids to and from school (not to mention all of their after-school and weekend activities), you have to get to work, run errands, make dinner and get the kids to bed before doing it all over again. Sometimes life can feel like a whirlwind. So it doesn’t come as much of a surprise that some families don’t make the time that they should for their dental health. Fortunately, our Hayward, CA, family dentist, Dr. Robert Wick, can make your next dental experience so much easier.
“How?” you may be wondering. Well, there are actually many reasons to choose a dentist who can cater to the needs of your entire family:
Does the idea of having to take your children to their dentist and then having to go to a separate dentist sound like an unnecessary hassle? Then cut out the middleman and turn to us. Our Hayward dentists make it possible for everyone in your family to get oral exams, cleanings and a variety of dental treatments that they need to maintain healthy smiles for life.
Save Yourself Some Time
Your life is already busy enough as it is. Why add more on your plate? Going to the dentist shouldn’t be a challenge or a chore. We want to make it easier on you to get your entire family the dental care they need. Not only will coming into our dental office save you time and money, but also we will work with multiple insurance companies and even offer payment plans to make sure that everyone gets the care they deserve no matter their finances.
You want any doctor that you have to take a vested interest in your health, and the same should ring true for a dentist. You want a dentist that has watched your children grow up and knows their long-term medical history and can provide safe, effective dental care as a result. Making sure that you have a dentist that you’ve created a great working relationship with will go a long way to making your routine visits a breeze.
Whether you need to schedule a routine cleaning or you have questions about the services we offer, don’t hesitate to call our Hayward, CA, dental office today to learn more about what we can do for you.
Find out more about this simple cosmetic dentistry and what it can do to recontour your smile.
Sometimes people want to make minor adjustments to the appearance of their smile but they are also looking for something a little more cost effective. Our Hayward, CA, cosmetic dentist Dr. Robert Wick understands that cosmetic dentistry shouldn’t be a luxury but rather an option that anyone can consider. Find out more about dental bonding and reshaping and whether this non-invasive treatment is right for you.
What is dental bonding?
If you want to cover minor discolorations, gaps, chips and cracks, as well as uneven teeth, then dental bonding could be all you need to revamp your smile. While most people worry that even the smallest imperfections will require dental veneers, you’ll be happy to know that dental bonding provides a simple, inexpensive and non-invasive way to makeover your smile without the need for drilling or anesthesia.
When you get dental bonding in Hayward, CA, we will apply a tooth-colored material (the same material used to fill a tooth after a cavity) over these flaws and mold them until the proper look has been achieved. Then the resin is hardened with a laser. This can take anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes to complete, depending on the types of imperfections and which tooth you want to treat.
What is tooth reshaping?
Our Hayward, CA, dentist is able to remove small bits of enamel from the tooth in order to change the shape or length. If you find that you are dealing with extremely pointy teeth or if your uneven smile has you dealing with a bad bite, then tooth reshaping (sometimes referred to as tooth recontouring) might be able to help.
Since enamel removal is minimal, this procedure doesn’t usually require a local anesthesia to numb the area. Once the tooth has been reshaped, it is polished and smoothed down for an even, clean appearance.
Before getting tooth reshaping, we will need to perform a series of x-rays to ensure that your teeth are healthy enough for treatment. Once we have determined that you are a good candidate for tooth reshaping, the cosmetic treatment takes around 30 minutes to complete.
Do you have questions about dental bonding? Are you interested in finding out whether your smile could benefit from cosmetic dentistry? Our Hayward, CA cosmetic dental office can help. Call us today.
Would you like to whiten your smile, but aren't sure if whitening would be a good choice? Dr. Robert Wick, your Hayward, CA, dentist, discusses teeth whitening treatment and explains how you can tell if you're a good candidate.
Teeth whitening in Hayward, CA
Hydrogen peroxide, the key ingredient in most teeth whitening products, removes surface stains caused by foods and beverages or brightens teeth that have become duller as a result of aging. Professional teeth whitening agents are stronger than those you can buy at the drugstore and work much faster. Dentists offer both in-office whitening and take-home kits for your convenience.
Is teeth whitening right for me?
Teeth whitening treatment is a good option if:
- Your Teeth Are Clean: Hydrogen peroxide doesn't penetrate tartar, a hard deposit that forms on your teeth. If you have tartar, you may notice gray, brown or yellow spots on your teeth that don't go away with brushing. A professional dental cleaning before teeth whitening will remove tartar.
- You're Over the Age of 16: Teeth whitening agents may cause too much sensitivity in teenagers and children.
- You Don't Have Any Dental Restorations: Whitening agents have no effect on crowns, bridges, veneers and other dental restorations. If you want to whiten your teeth anyway, you can get new restorations to match your new smile.
- Your Teeth Are Healthy: You don't have gum disease, enamel erosion or cavities. These issues must be treated before you can undergo whitening.
- You Don't Have Receding Gums: Whitening agents aren't applied to tooth roots exposed by receding gums. If you have exposed roots and whiten your teeth, you'll have a two-tone smile. See your dentist if your gums have started to recede, as the condition can be a symptom of gum disease.
- Your Teeth Aren't Extremely Sensitive: If your teeth are very sensitive, whitening may not be a good option. If you've experienced sensitivity using an over-the-counter product, don't assume that this will automatically be the case with professional teeth whitening. Before whitening, your dentist applies a protective gel to your gums to reduce sensitivity. Your dentist will let you know if he thinks that teeth whitening is a good choice if you have sensitive teeth.
Are you interested in finding out if you're a good candidate for teeth whitening? Dr. Call Dr. Wick, your Hayward, CA, dentist, at (510) 782-1444 to schedule your appointment.
Have you ever wondered if cosmetic dentistry could help you? If you've ever had a filling or improved your smile with professional teeth whitening, you've already taken advantage of cosmetic dentistry treatments. Dr. Robert Wick, your family dentist in Hayward, CA, shares information that will help you decide if you can benefit from one or more of these treatments.
What cosmetic dentistry is available in Hayward?
Cosmetic dentistry treatments improve the appearance of your smile and also restore normal function to teeth that have been damaged or weakened. Cosmetic dentistry encompasses a range of services, including:
- Fillings: Fillings are probably the most well-known cosmetic dentistry treatment. They replace tooth structure that has decayed. Tooth-colored composite resin fillings offer a less noticeable option than traditional silver amalgam fillings.
- Porcelain Veneers: Thin porcelain veneers cover chips and many other types of flaws, such as oddly shaped or discolored teeth. These wafer-thin shells are bonded to the fronts of your teeth and offer a simple way to make over your smile.
- Teeth Whitening: When brushing alone isn't enough to keep your smile bright, professional teeth whitening can help. Most people only need one treatment to achieve a three- to eight-shade improvement.
- Composite Bonding: Dentists use bonding to repair small defects in teeth, cover discolorations and completely change the appearance of teeth. Composite resin is used to bond teeth because it can be tinted to match the color of your teeth and becomes very hard when it cures.
- Crowns and Bridges: Crowns correct cosmetic issues and also support and strengthen teeth that have been damaged or are fragile. Unlike veneers, crowns don't just conceal the front surfaces of your teeth, but also cover teeth on all four sides. Crowns are also used to make bridges, which are used to replace missing teeth.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants offer a more permanent solution to missing teeth than bridges because they fuse to your jawbone. Implants are more comfortable than other replacement options and are usually less expensive if you compare lifetime costs.
Could you benefit from a cosmetic dentistry treatment? Call Dr. Wick, your family dentist in Hayward, CA, at (510) 782-1444 to schedule an appointment.
A dental emergency is a case that the patient can’t wait days or weeks to resolve—it has to be addressed as soon as possible. The most common cases are knocked out, damaged or generally painful teeth. Dr. Robert Wick is a dentist in Hayward, CA who offers emergency dental treatment to the community. Learn what you should do in the case of a dental emergency to help you get back to normal as quickly as possible.
Call Your Dentist
The first step to take in a dental emergency is to call (510) 782-1444 to schedule an urgent appointment. Dr. Wick sets aside a certain amount of time for patients who are experiencing dental emergencies and who need help ASAP. When you call, give a complete account of what you’re experiencing, including the area of the mouth that’s hurting, the intensity of pain and how long the problem has been happening.
Prepare for Your Visit
When you call the office in Hayward for emergency dental treatment, a staff member will advise you about what to do to protect your teeth in advance of the appointment. Here are a few general tips:
- If the problem is a knocked out tooth, try to put it back into its socket and avoid eating on that side of the mouth.
- Put a knocked out or chipped tooth into a cup of milk to preserve it until the visit.
- Put a cold compress on the cheek to reduce swelling and bleeding.
- Use a tea bag to put pressure on an area that’s bleeding.
- Take an over–the-counter medication recommended by your dentist for pain.
Keep Up with Regular Visits
After your emergency visit to the dentist’s office, take steps to ensure that the problem won’t reoccur. If the emergency involved tooth decay that caused unbearable pain, prioritize better dental habits including twice daily brushing, flossing and rinsing with mouthwash. If it was a sports injury, wear a mouth guard to reduce the chance of damage to the teeth when participating in athletic activity.
Get Help ASAP
When you need emergency dental treatment, don’t hesitate to call Dr. Wick at his Hayward, CA dentist office. Call (510) 782-1444 and a friendly staff member will help you get the urgent assistance that you need.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.