Learn more about the many ways cosmetic dentistry could be right for you.
Are you ready to feel confident showing off your smile at your next big office meeting or date? Well, it’s a bit hard to feel confident smile if you hate the way your smile looks, right? Fortunately, you have our Hayward, CA, cosmetic dentist, Dr. Robert Wick, on your side who can revamp your smile in a host of unique and great ways to help you achieve the look that will make you feel self-assured in your appearance.
Bonding and Contouring
For all of life’s little imperfections, these simple, inexpensive and non-invasive cosmetic options may be exactly what you’ve been looking for. Dental bonding uses the same moldable tooth-colored resin used for dental fillings. The only difference is that the bonding material is being matched to the tooth and then applied over these imperfections without the need for drilling or anesthesia. Bonding can cover small chips, cracks, discolorations and even gaps between teeth. Bonding can also improve the overall shape or length of a tooth.
Contouring may even be recommended in conjunction with bonding (they often go hand in hand). During contouring treatment, our Hayward dentist will carefully and painlessly shave off trace amounts of tooth enamel in order to reshape a tooth. This can be a great option for someone who deals with ragged or excessively sharp or pointy teeth.
Ever wished you could remove those stubborn dental stains or brighten yellowing, dull teeth? Not finding the results you had hoped for with whitening toothpastes or over-the-counter whitening trays? If so, then you may just want to consider the strongest whitening system on the market. With our higher quality and significantly stronger whitening gel, your teeth are sure to become several shades whiter in just one session. Whitening is a great option for someone who wants to remove stains caused by consuming certain stain-producing foods and drinks, or for someone who has used tobacco products in the past.
Sometimes the cracks, chips and other imperfections you have are a little bit harder to tackle with a simple teeth whitening session or with bonding and contouring. If the issues you have are still only cosmetic but are a bit more extensive then we may recommend hiding these problems with porcelain veneers.
These ultra thin tooth-colored shells are bonded to the front of teeth to improve the overall appearance, color, shape and size of your smile. They can also cover multiple imperfections of different severities and veneers could even get your smile a bit straighter, too.
Have questions about the different cosmetic dentistry services we offer in Hayward, CA? Ready to find out how we can specifically help you? Then it’s time you scheduled your smile consultation with us. Call our dental office today!
Find out how family dentists make it easy to get the comprehensive dentistry your family deserves.
You lead busy lives as it is, having to rush the kids to and from school (not to mention all of their after-school and weekend activities), you have to get to work, run errands, make dinner and get the kids to bed before doing it all over again. Sometimes life can feel like a whirlwind. So it doesn’t come as much of a surprise that some families don’t make the time that they should for their dental health. Fortunately, our Hayward, CA, family dentist, Dr. Robert Wick, can make your next dental experience so much easier.
“How?” you may be wondering. Well, there are actually many reasons to choose a dentist who can cater to the needs of your entire family:
Does the idea of having to take your children to their dentist and then having to go to a separate dentist sound like an unnecessary hassle? Then cut out the middleman and turn to us. Our Hayward dentists make it possible for everyone in your family to get oral exams, cleanings and a variety of dental treatments that they need to maintain healthy smiles for life.
Save Yourself Some Time
Your life is already busy enough as it is. Why add more on your plate? Going to the dentist shouldn’t be a challenge or a chore. We want to make it easier on you to get your entire family the dental care they need. Not only will coming into our dental office save you time and money, but also we will work with multiple insurance companies and even offer payment plans to make sure that everyone gets the care they deserve no matter their finances.
You want any doctor that you have to take a vested interest in your health, and the same should ring true for a dentist. You want a dentist that has watched your children grow up and knows their long-term medical history and can provide safe, effective dental care as a result. Making sure that you have a dentist that you’ve created a great working relationship with will go a long way to making your routine visits a breeze.
Whether you need to schedule a routine cleaning or you have questions about the services we offer, don’t hesitate to call our Hayward, CA, dental office today to learn more about what we can do for you.
Find out more about this simple cosmetic dentistry and what it can do to recontour your smile.
Sometimes people want to make minor adjustments to the appearance of their smile but they are also looking for something a little more cost effective. Our Hayward, CA, cosmetic dentist Dr. Robert Wick understands that cosmetic dentistry shouldn’t be a luxury but rather an option that anyone can consider. Find out more about dental bonding and reshaping and whether this non-invasive treatment is right for you.
What is dental bonding?
If you want to cover minor discolorations, gaps, chips and cracks, as well as uneven teeth, then dental bonding could be all you need to revamp your smile. While most people worry that even the smallest imperfections will require dental veneers, you’ll be happy to know that dental bonding provides a simple, inexpensive and non-invasive way to makeover your smile without the need for drilling or anesthesia.
When you get dental bonding in Hayward, CA, we will apply a tooth-colored material (the same material used to fill a tooth after a cavity) over these flaws and mold them until the proper look has been achieved. Then the resin is hardened with a laser. This can take anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes to complete, depending on the types of imperfections and which tooth you want to treat.
What is tooth reshaping?
Our Hayward, CA, dentist is able to remove small bits of enamel from the tooth in order to change the shape or length. If you find that you are dealing with extremely pointy teeth or if your uneven smile has you dealing with a bad bite, then tooth reshaping (sometimes referred to as tooth recontouring) might be able to help.
Since enamel removal is minimal, this procedure doesn’t usually require a local anesthesia to numb the area. Once the tooth has been reshaped, it is polished and smoothed down for an even, clean appearance.
Before getting tooth reshaping, we will need to perform a series of x-rays to ensure that your teeth are healthy enough for treatment. Once we have determined that you are a good candidate for tooth reshaping, the cosmetic treatment takes around 30 minutes to complete.
Do you have questions about dental bonding? Are you interested in finding out whether your smile could benefit from cosmetic dentistry? Our Hayward, CA cosmetic dental office can help. Call us today.
Would you like to whiten your smile, but aren't sure if whitening would be a good choice? Dr. Robert Wick, your Hayward, CA, dentist, discusses teeth whitening treatment and explains how you can tell if you're a good candidate.
Teeth whitening in Hayward, CA
Hydrogen peroxide, the key ingredient in most teeth whitening products, removes surface stains caused by foods and beverages or brightens teeth that have become duller as a result of aging. Professional teeth whitening agents are stronger than those you can buy at the drugstore and work much faster. Dentists offer both in-office whitening and take-home kits for your convenience.
Is teeth whitening right for me?
Teeth whitening treatment is a good option if:
- Your Teeth Are Clean: Hydrogen peroxide doesn't penetrate tartar, a hard deposit that forms on your teeth. If you have tartar, you may notice gray, brown or yellow spots on your teeth that don't go away with brushing. A professional dental cleaning before teeth whitening will remove tartar.
- You're Over the Age of 16: Teeth whitening agents may cause too much sensitivity in teenagers and children.
- You Don't Have Any Dental Restorations: Whitening agents have no effect on crowns, bridges, veneers and other dental restorations. If you want to whiten your teeth anyway, you can get new restorations to match your new smile.
- Your Teeth Are Healthy: You don't have gum disease, enamel erosion or cavities. These issues must be treated before you can undergo whitening.
- You Don't Have Receding Gums: Whitening agents aren't applied to tooth roots exposed by receding gums. If you have exposed roots and whiten your teeth, you'll have a two-tone smile. See your dentist if your gums have started to recede, as the condition can be a symptom of gum disease.
- Your Teeth Aren't Extremely Sensitive: If your teeth are very sensitive, whitening may not be a good option. If you've experienced sensitivity using an over-the-counter product, don't assume that this will automatically be the case with professional teeth whitening. Before whitening, your dentist applies a protective gel to your gums to reduce sensitivity. Your dentist will let you know if he thinks that teeth whitening is a good choice if you have sensitive teeth.
Are you interested in finding out if you're a good candidate for teeth whitening? Dr. Call Dr. Wick, your Hayward, CA, dentist, at (510) 782-1444 to schedule your appointment.
Have you ever wondered if cosmetic dentistry could help you? If you've ever had a filling or improved your smile with professional teeth whitening, you've already taken advantage of cosmetic dentistry treatments. Dr. Robert Wick, your family dentist in Hayward, CA, shares information that will help you decide if you can benefit from one or more of these treatments.
What cosmetic dentistry is available in Hayward?
Cosmetic dentistry treatments improve the appearance of your smile and also restore normal function to teeth that have been damaged or weakened. Cosmetic dentistry encompasses a range of services, including:
- Fillings: Fillings are probably the most well-known cosmetic dentistry treatment. They replace tooth structure that has decayed. Tooth-colored composite resin fillings offer a less noticeable option than traditional silver amalgam fillings.
- Porcelain Veneers: Thin porcelain veneers cover chips and many other types of flaws, such as oddly shaped or discolored teeth. These wafer-thin shells are bonded to the fronts of your teeth and offer a simple way to make over your smile.
- Teeth Whitening: When brushing alone isn't enough to keep your smile bright, professional teeth whitening can help. Most people only need one treatment to achieve a three- to eight-shade improvement.
- Composite Bonding: Dentists use bonding to repair small defects in teeth, cover discolorations and completely change the appearance of teeth. Composite resin is used to bond teeth because it can be tinted to match the color of your teeth and becomes very hard when it cures.
- Crowns and Bridges: Crowns correct cosmetic issues and also support and strengthen teeth that have been damaged or are fragile. Unlike veneers, crowns don't just conceal the front surfaces of your teeth, but also cover teeth on all four sides. Crowns are also used to make bridges, which are used to replace missing teeth.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants offer a more permanent solution to missing teeth than bridges because they fuse to your jawbone. Implants are more comfortable than other replacement options and are usually less expensive if you compare lifetime costs.
Could you benefit from a cosmetic dentistry treatment? Call Dr. Wick, your family dentist in Hayward, CA, at (510) 782-1444 to schedule an appointment.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.